Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thoughts

This past weekend our parents headed up to Albuquerque and Santa Fe for an anniversary/public discourse trip.  It has been so long since us 4 youngin's have been together alone I had quite forgotten how strange it feels.  It is always amusing to hear the boys playing their music first thing in the morning, ahh the rebellion of it all ;)  Eventually it even gets to me though (yes I know Stefan I'm getting old :) ) But we really had a lovely weekend with just us kids. The boys have grown and are growing into such fine young men and sometimes I sit back and wonder at the fact that it doesn't seem that long ago that we were all lil munchkins running around throwing snow in the air. 

Speaking of snow.... Although I know how beautiful it must be I would like to say that if I could life flight all of you from the North down here to our amazing 70 degree and sun sun sun weather I would.  I feel almost selfish living in such an amazing climate. Don't get me wrong it will get colder and colder and I am starting to crave a bit of rain..but January is coming and then soon there after we shall get our rain...I hope...  But please send us photos of your winter wonderland so we can share them with all down here. 

Last night at meeting our school overseer brought out that we have had the BE book since 2001....I choked back the shock and realized that the book came out almost 10 years ago!  Jehovah's organization is progressing so rapidly that I often lose track of time.  I remember when they announced the release of that book and our school overseer in Youngstown East was beaming from ear to ear with excitement.  MAN I do feel old!  I was thinking how nice it would be to share some of those moments of truth expansion with our friends.  So if you have any lovely experiences that you remember of releases or new thoughts brought out in our publications that you would like to share and how they've impacted you please comment or send me an email :)

Well all the fam is back together now and I must tell you that although everyone needs time apart it is always a joy when you are together again!  Something so empty and melancholy when people are missing.  29 years since our family's beginning.....so proud of you Mum and Pops for all of your hard work and dedication to a beautiful marriage and family which I consider it a privilege to be a part of!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! Its funny cause just the other day I was thinking about how long it had been since we got that book, we are going through it for a 3rd time! Yet it seems like just yesterday we were all excited receiving that book lols.

Just in a recent watchtower it was telling us of a release of the New world translation in full in a language that now escapes my mind. It then went on to say about how the brothers and sisters were crying in happiness to have it in their own language! It touches me so much, because being an english person it seems we have a bounteous supply of literature in our language! Now though being in sign I can appreciate how they feel... whenever we get a new book released in sign my heart rejoices! And now we have the whole of the greek scriptures! Its amazing. Its so wonderful how the society is constantly making an effort to bring wonderful bible truths to everyone in their own language all the time. It means so much to so many people and I think it is something to be cherished, there is always something new coming our way that eventually we will feel like we have had it forever:)

-Belinda

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meg said...

In sign language it is so amazing when we get our new releases cause the amount of time that goes into them is so much more intense! YOu are so right so beautiful how Jehovah takes care of us!