Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Home

Today was another beautiful day out in the ministry.  After service we stopped to try a fabulous restaurant.  We weren't able to try the dish recommended by our friend as it was only the lunch menu but what we were able to enjoy was fantastic.  Check out my mum's blog for more details on this as well as other neat spots here in El Paso.  www.floursandfleurs.wordpress.com

Right now I am sitting in Kinley's Coffee House before I head to the last class of this semester to interpret.  So interesting being surrounded by loads of El Pasoans and students and out of towners.  You can spot the out of towners right away.  I have been studying it for a while now as I remember the first time we stopped here when we first came down to check things out before moving.  I remember the stares as we must have looked funny wearing our short sleeve shirts in the middle of what I now consider chilly weather.  At night the temperatures really drop compared to the day as the lack of cloud cover allows for all of the heat to escape from the day.  Now I sit here in my cardigan and am tempted to put on my jacket as the draft is starting to be a bit much.  What a change!  I no longer notice the distinctions between Spanish and English as the chattering makes its way through the air.  I smile as I realize that I am living in a place that I truly truly appreciate for all of its beautiful qualities.  The mix of cultures, the people, the music, the dancing, the food.....did I mention the food?!!!  Though we never know what Jehovah may have in store for us in the future or where else we may have the beautiful privelege of living I am truly appreciative of the opportunity to be here in this moment, in this place, that I call home.

No comments: