Monday, December 20, 2010

Opening Doors

Had to share this little experience that brought a smile to my face.  As I've mentioned before, for the msot part down here, the ladies are treated as exactly that, a lady.




 As I washed my hands in a public restroom I saw a Mum struggling to enter with her little boy who could not have been older than 4.  He had his hands full but was attempting to hold the door open for his Mama. 

She politely asked him to go on ahead of her and he shook his head no saying, "Papa said I always have to hold the door open for girls... you go." 

The Mama asked him to obey and to please go ahead that it was ok since his hands were full.  He again protested, "Noooo that's not what Papa said you go Mama you go."

 It was absolutely adorable to see how firmly he stuck to his chivalrous behaviour.  Another glimpse of beauty through the deeds of children.

No comments: