Friday, December 10, 2010

Nostalgia

The other day I came into work and found taped above my desk a yellowed scrap piece of paper.  Written in the careful exacting writing of a child in grade school.  And guess what it said, "Hi Dad my name is Meagan".  My Pops came across this little scrap he had saved from our old office in Ohio and has kept it all these years.

 Although it is slightly embarassing to look at the ridiculous things we have done as children it is also a reminder that at one time we were naive, young, and full of new ideas.  My Mum and Dad have always been sentimental, and this has been something I have struggled with understanding over the years as I tend to be more tied to the memories than actual physical things that remind me of the memory.  But now as I get older, (yeah I know I'm not old yet but we all are aging)  I am starting to understand this more and more and find myself holding on to more things than I ever used to.  I think it has to do with living in this system of things, knowing that life in this world is short and we try to hold on to what we can till we can reach the time when we will no longer have to worry about holding on to everything as we will have forever.

Sentimentality is a beautiful attribute and I thank Jehovah for giving me such beautiful parents that have taught us the importance of family, of loving life, and loving the Truth.

No comments: