Sunday, October 31, 2010

Reflections II

Sometimes things happen... Sometimes some not so nice things happen... but even when you are faced with situations that leave you floundering and wondering what in the world you are possibly going to do next I have found that there are two constants that will always be reliable... #1 Jehovah of course!  (He may leave you wondering how it will work out. But he will never leave you wondering if it will work out.  After all with him all things are possible.  And just when you are ready to freak out something always does... work out)  #2 Family.  (No matter how old you get.  No matter how far away you live.  No matter how hectic the schedules.  Family will always be there to help. Truly a blessing from Jehovah!)

Those of you who know me well know that I am a planner.  (Yes I can hear the whishing sounds of wind as you all fervently nod your heads in agreement.)  However the funny thing about being such a planner is that many times... ok most of the time... my plans usually don't work out the way I expected or originally hoped.  (again loud whishing sounds.)  However often they turn out better than I had hoped or expected.  So again some of my plans have had to change due to circumstances beyond my control leaving me wondering and praying for answers.

Jehovah's beautiful blessing of a family though has with open arms (despite the fact that it I know it is difficult to adjust to) been willing to welcome me into their home.  I am currently writing from the comfort of a quaint and sweet room down the hall from my brothers that some how already feels like home.

 I'm surrounded by the things I love, my turquoise chair, my multi-colored chain of candles that softly glow in the corner, the small pillow my mom made me when I was young, my great-grandmother's quilt, and most of all... my family.

Something so comforting about hearing the sounds of the house breathing at night.  Tony's feet shuffling down the hall.  Stefan and Shayne giggling.  The scent of Mum in the fabrics and the light in her eyes when her creative juices start to flow.  And the scraping noises of Pops working on his latest project.

The dynamics have changed so much.  Being apart for almost a year really helped us cultivate a different outlook and respect for the adults that we all are and also the adult that Shayne will be.  Some things will always remain the same, no matter how old any of us get.  But one thing that never changes is change and we are all becoming accustomed to adjusting quickly and adapting to new things that come our way.  Mum and Pops have been going through such mile stone changes as of late and with the loss of some of their comforting sentimental items from the move I know it has been even harder than we can imagine.

But through it all they remember the real reason any of us have ended up here in the first place.  To grow, to learn, and to be used in whatever way Jehovah sees fit.  Sometimes you could cry with joy and sometimes you can just plain old cry.  But in the end you go to bed at night and your sleep is sweet.  A smile is on your face because you know that even though things hurt, times are tough, and the going is rough.... you have the satisfaction of knowing it will be brief and miniscule when compared to the joy we will feel when we reach that new world and can say, "I made it!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I read something so incredible, I don't have anything else to say or do but take a deep breath and sigh..

Beautiful, my Love, once again and forever more will it continue. You write so incredibly, Meagan. Wow.

:o)