Monday, January 24, 2011

Building More Than Just A Kingdom Hall

And so we have moved into the second weekend of the preliminary stages of the newest Kingdom Hall build here in El Paso. There are so many in cue as soon as this one is finished as well.  So much growth here in the congregations it is hard to keep up!  I'm starting to wonder if the Kingdom Halls should adopt the ideas that the local schools have, adding portable classrooms (basically very nice trailers) to the yards to take in the overflow. 

RBC isn't just about building Kingdom Halls it is about building the brotherhood. I love that here during the builds you never know what language the prayer or daily text will be in.  Yesterday the morning prayer was in Spanish the afternoon prayer in English.  The buzz of spoken languages and sign language in the air is such a beautiful sight to behold.  Our purchasing crew is chugging along everyone working so hard to keep up and learn.  Although it doesn't allow us to be involved as much physically with the project it is an amazing crew to be a part of as you are there from the beginning stages through to the very end and after; learning what supplies must be purchased, how they are used, when they are needed, etc.  We get the opportunity to meet so many older brothers who are heading these projects and who have been doing so for years.  Their experience and patience is amazing!

Yesterday I had the opportunity to work along side my parents and two of my brothers in the close quarters of our trailer which we share with Accounting.  Sometimes I look at my family and just can't believe we are all here together.  I am cherishing these moments as I know it won't always be this way but for the times it is, what a joy!

I must get to work but please send me an email or leave a comment, I'd love to hear how everyone is doing :)

No comments: