Tuesday, November 23, 2010

This Train Keeps On Rollin'

One of my favorite sounds is the soothing yet slightly haunting sound of a train far in the distance.  As I sit here and write the low whistle is making its way through the crisp night air.  There is something beautiful about the fact that with the time changes, our night begins before we even eat dinner.  At times I find it slightly depressing, but for the most part it is a nice reminder that fall is here and soon winter.  For those of you who are not currently living in a desert or tropical climate or anywhere south of the general Ohio area do not be fooled by our forecasts of sun sun sun.... it is chilly and sometimes downright cold here at night!  Last night it went down to 32F and Friday it will be 55F during the day....this seems like nothing compared to the snow and frigid temps some of you are currently or will be soon experiencing but with the pure clear skies there is not any blanket of cloud cover to hold in heat and it makes for the super crisp beautiful night air that I adore. Just another one of the many things I love about it here.

Speaking of things that I love here, I have to share with you a cute little moment my Mum and I had the pleasure of witnessing the other day.  As you know kids down here are allowed to be just that 'kids'!  Such a refreshment!  And while we were roaming the aisles of Super Target we heard a little boy proudly reciting a poem to his Papa. Not sure if he was practicing for future use or not but I must say I was impressed ;)  His poem went like this: "Roses are red, violets are blue, I don't know the rest, so I'll have to kiss you."  And who said Romance was dead?!  Definitely not here that's for sure!

Tomorrow I am sad to say that two of our usual  Bible students had to cancel which is understandable with families being in town and such.  But I am looking forward to trying to find one woman again that my family and I have been trying for months!  Last week it just so happened that we caught her at home.  When I say months I mean months!  We got the lead around the time I first moved down here and have been trying every time of day and night every day of the week since.  We were so pleased to find that she was so friendly and hopefully will be able to find her again tomorrow.

Well everyone, send me an email and let me know how you are all doing.  Miss you all loads and am sending big sunny hugs to keep you warm!  Best get going as Mum and I are going to try to get back into our old Zumba routine. ;)

No comments: