Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Here I Am Send Me"

Our congregation has been truly blessed with an abundance of children. Those of you who have experienced or are currently experiencing a lack of children in your congregation know that there is an odd silence, almost an eerie silence without them. Don’t fret Jehovah will fill that void soon enough. I remember growing up in a congregation with very few children now that very same congregation is LOADED with little munchkins 



When parents with small children join a foreign language I greatly admire their love and trust in Jehovah. Nowadays there is countless information available showing that children can and will learn multiple languages at any given time and will learn it as not a second language but as a primary language. Often times it is us adults that hold them back thinking it will be too difficult. Things have improved very much in this area. I remember being young and many questioning, my parents wondering, and even I pondering whether or not it was a good idea to make Sign Language our primary language for theocratic activities. Looking back I smile and laugh at our distress. Here we are all fully immersed in Sign Language truly seeing Jehovah expanding the horizons with multiple DVD releases, beautiful opportunities for the Deaf and Hearing a like, and circuits expanding and splitting so fast I can barely keep track. The same is true of all foreign language and I am thankful to my family every day for trusting in Jehovah and giving me the wonderful opportunity to be a part of it.



There is even a wider expansion of opportunity for young ones and us newbies here as well since this area is already bilingual. With the English and Spanish and also Sign language/Korean/Chinese/Japanese possiblilities…. We all have the opportunity to go to an even wider array of areas. If we continue to trust in Jehovah and work hard in our endeavors he will surely bless us and we will be able to truly say, “Here I am send me!”



So to all of you struggling learning new languages and trying to keep your families on track, “just keep swimming” (sorry Little Nemo quote) and never ever give up. We are so proud of you and know that Jehovah is beaming with pride as well!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was very encouraging Love, merci:o)